REVIEW: Just A Car Crash Away
This short zombie flick is brought to you buy DeusExMachina Studio. After a terrible car crash leaving one girl dead (she seems to have flown through the windshield), the lone survivor is desperately trying to hide from the hoard of zombies on the other side of the car. Luckily, it’s the car that is protecting her… for now. I liked this short; it has beautiful photography that gave it this otherworldly experimental feel to it. The description says that the makeup took 3 hours to do, and if that’s true… it shows. The zombies felt real; they had flesh peeling off of their cheeks and solid white eyes. But perhaps the greatest feat this movie accomplishes is the performances, not only by the zombies, but buy the one girl who is trying to hide from them. She has no lines (there is no dialogue at all in the movie) so she is tasked with conveying emotion through facial and body language, and she did a wonderful job. If you are in the mood for a quick zombie short, I recommend this.
Shot on the Canon 7D & 5D mkIILenses: Canon 50mm f1.8 Canon 135mm f2.8 Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 macroISO speed: from 100 to 400Burns and scratches: artbeats3 hour for makeUp and 5 hour of shooting in a cold winter day…..Bring on the Zombie Apocalypse!!!
- Buddy Bebop vs. The Living Dead Review - August 8, 2011
- Zombiemania Review - August 2, 2011
- Shock Waves (1977) - June 8, 2011
- Redneck Zombies (1987) - April 27, 2011
- The Dead Can’t Dance (2010) - April 18, 2011
- KIDZ (2010) Review - March 31, 2011
- Just A Car Crash Away (2011) - March 22, 2011
- Morbid (2011) - March 18, 2011
- Dawn of the Night of the Dead The Musical Review - March 9, 2011
- Die-ner (2010) Review - January 24, 2011