There are some amazing artists (Rob Sacchetto) who illustrate and paint the undead, but these talented folks sadly don’t always get shown love by museums and galleries. Now, I’ve been to my share of museums and come across more zombies than I can remember. Granted, they were found staring at the works of art and trying to think of something psuedo-intellecutal to whisper loudly with the hopes of being overheard, not hanging on the walls. Can we fix that? No, probably not.
George Pfau’s Zombiescapes site brings together a love of painting and zombies. “These impressionist/pointillist oil paintings portray figures on the verge of recognition. Each painting is based on a scene in a zombie film in which figures are small and out of focus.” The paintings are impressive and its fun to test your nerd cred by trying to guess the movie scenes of some of the more impressionistic pieces. Head over and check Zombiescapes out for your daily dose of both zombies and culture.
You can find out more details at the official website.
- Fur Where There Was No Fur Before…A Joe McKinney Interview - April 10, 2014
- Real ‘The Walking Dead’ Themed Beer Now With Brains! - April 3, 2014
- An Edited ‘The Walking Dead’ To Go Into Syndication - March 28, 2014
- Holy Custom Zombie Wedding Cake Toppers! - March 24, 2014
- ‘Cargo’ Review - March 14, 2014
- Zombies In The Landscape Art Project - March 11, 2014
- Holiday Artwork From Rob Sacchetto to Die For…You Actually Might Have To - December 17, 2013
- An Interview with Christopher Moore on Holidays, Zombies and Squirrel Porn. - December 12, 2013
- Would You Eat A Horse? What About A Giant Zombie Horse Cake?! - November 19, 2013
- What If… Walter White Was Behind ‘The Walking Dead’s Zombie Outbreak? - October 25, 2013