Zombie movies, be they long or short, have one thing in common, zombies. Duh, right? Well, I kind of felt like it was worth saying it because that’s about where the similarities cease. Beyond the obvious things get a little more difficult. I love zombie movies, and I’ll admit that bar I set for most is pretty low, yet somehow there never seems to be a shortage of movies that stumble over said bar and snap their rotted ankles.
Now before you start accusing me of only liking big budget Hollywood zombie flicks, let me say that I most definitely do not judge a movie by its budget or cast. There are some great short zombie films, made on shoestring budgets that are incredible. I just like my zombie movies to make a certain degree of sense and maybe have a little something to say. Cargo is just such a movie.
Cargo has been wandering around the web for a while now, so chances are you’ve probably already seen it. If you haven’t, go fix that now. Cargo is short, clocking in around seven minutes, so I won’t spend time on spoilers and plot. It’s got a great story, good editing and solid acting, so what else do you need?
- Fur Where There Was No Fur Before…A Joe McKinney Interview - April 10, 2014
- Real ‘The Walking Dead’ Themed Beer Now With Brains! - April 3, 2014
- An Edited ‘The Walking Dead’ To Go Into Syndication - March 28, 2014
- Holy Custom Zombie Wedding Cake Toppers! - March 24, 2014
- ‘Cargo’ Review - March 14, 2014
- Zombies In The Landscape Art Project - March 11, 2014
- Holiday Artwork From Rob Sacchetto to Die For…You Actually Might Have To - December 17, 2013
- An Interview with Christopher Moore on Holidays, Zombies and Squirrel Porn. - December 12, 2013
- Would You Eat A Horse? What About A Giant Zombie Horse Cake?! - November 19, 2013
- What If… Walter White Was Behind ‘The Walking Dead’s Zombie Outbreak? - October 25, 2013