‘Doc of the Dead’ is getting it’s premiere tomorrow, Saturday, March 15 , at SXSW Film Festival during it’s EPIX Zombie-Athon!
Here’s the schedule if you are one of the ones lucky enough to be attending!
- 6:00am – Zombies of Mass Destruction
- 7:35am – Night of the Comet
- 9:15am – White Zombie
- 10:30am – House of the Dead 2
- 12:10pm – Zombies of Mass Destruction
- 1:45pm – Night of the Comet
- 3:25pm – White Zombie
- 4:35pm – House of the Dead 2
- 6:15pm – Night of the Living Dead w/Introduction by Max Brooks
- 8:00pm – Doc of the Dead (World TV Premiere)
- 9:30pm – World War Z (World TV Premiere)
- 11:30pm – Night of the Living Dead w/Introduction by Max Brooks
- 1:15am – Nightmare City
- 2:45am – Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead
- 4:30am – Zombie Lake
Doc of the Dead Synopsis:
THEY’RE YOU. THEY’RE US. THEY’RE EVERYWHERE…THEY’RE ALL MESSED UP…THEY’RE DEAD. DOC OF THE DEAD is the definitive zombie culture documentary and speculative chronicle of the Zombie Apocalypse. The film features appearances by Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead) and the Grandfather of Zombie-dom, George A. Romero (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead).
Others in the film include author Max Brooks (World War Z), Greg Nicotero (executive producer and make-up FX for “The Walking Dead”), Charlie Adlard (artist, The Walking Dead), Mick Garris (Stephen King’s “The Shining” and “The Stand”), Steve Barton (Never Sleep Again, Hatchet II, Survival of the Dead, “Paranormal Paparazzi”), Alan Jones (Frightfest), and many more!
The Zombie Apocalypse seems to be on everybody’s lips these days. Should we categorize it as fiction, dismiss it as far-fetched paranoia, or speculate about it as a plausible scenario? Doc of the Dead is brought to the screen by the creators of the groundbreaking participatory and award-winning The People vs. George Lucas – director Alexandre O. Philippe, director of photography/producer Robert Muratore, and producer Kerry Deignan Roy. It’s co-hosted by Geekscape’s own Jonathan London and Red Letter Media’s infamous Mr. Plinkett (The Phantom Menace review), who will be sitting in his basement, far away from all the chaos.
Doc of the Dead delves deep into the myriad crevasses of zombie culture to deliver the first ever in-depth look at a contemporary social pandemic of global proportions. Shot and edited in a cinematically edgy, high-octane style, it hosts a rich and entertaining dialogue with zombie experts and celebrities, seeks participation from YouTubers and indie filmmakers, and examines viral cultural trends to explore the possibility and ramifications of an actual zombie outbreak with sociologists, virologists, chemists, and members of the Zombie Research Society.
- Dead Synchronicity for Nintendo Switch will be launched on November 21st. - November 16, 2017
- (SPOILERS) The Walking Dead Q&A — Andrew Lincoln (Rick) - October 24, 2017
- (SPOILERS) Fear the Walking Dead Q&A — Daniel Sharman (Troy) - September 13, 2017
- (SPOILERS) Fear the Walking Dead Q&A — Colman Domingo (Strand) - September 12, 2017
- ‘Screams The Machine’ Blog Tour – “Hybrid-Horror Rocks My Brain” - August 19, 2017
- Blog Tour: ‘The Calling’ – “Writing a Series” - July 29, 2017
- Official Call of Duty®: WWII Nazi Zombies Reveal Panel – San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 25, 2017
- AMC Releases Fear the Walking Dead Comic-Con Poster - July 19, 2017
- R.I.P. George A. Romero - July 16, 2017
- Would You Want A Fourth Book In The ‘ As The World Dies’ Trilogy? - May 5, 2017