Excuse me while I try to contain my ire and swallow the bile rising in my throat. The Walking Dead has just reached a syndication deal to begin showing TWD episodes on network channels like WB and UPN during primetime. Why’s that so bad you ask? Stop being an AMC elitist. Let everyone get access to TWD.
Look, I’m all for sharing TWD and I’m all for expanding the audience. But how about doing that with heavily edited episodes? No thank you.
It’s not that I need bad language, violence and adult situations to make me smile (well, maybe a little) but if you cut those scenes out of some TWD episodes out what are you going to be left with? Five minutes of spliced together Dale and Hershel monologues? Some nice B-reel of the farm? I think I’ll pass.
Why not send the spin-off, Spread the Dead (*gag*- sounds like a necrophilic porno) over to the WB? Let UPN have PG zombies. While, I can understand those at the helm of TWD making this decision, I can’t say I support it. I’ll take my zombies unedited, cursed at and on AMC, thank you very much. Honestly, I’ve said it before, but between this syndication deal and the spin-off rumbling down the pipe, I have to ask, is this the beginning of the end for TWD?
- Fur Where There Was No Fur Before…A Joe McKinney Interview - April 10, 2014
- Real ‘The Walking Dead’ Themed Beer Now With Brains! - April 3, 2014
- An Edited ‘The Walking Dead’ To Go Into Syndication - March 28, 2014
- Holy Custom Zombie Wedding Cake Toppers! - March 24, 2014
- ‘Cargo’ Review - March 14, 2014
- Zombies In The Landscape Art Project - March 11, 2014
- Holiday Artwork From Rob Sacchetto to Die For…You Actually Might Have To - December 17, 2013
- An Interview with Christopher Moore on Holidays, Zombies and Squirrel Porn. - December 12, 2013
- Would You Eat A Horse? What About A Giant Zombie Horse Cake?! - November 19, 2013
- What If… Walter White Was Behind ‘The Walking Dead’s Zombie Outbreak? - October 25, 2013