So, this picture showed up in the Twitter feed of an important Steve Jackson Games employee, and it was soon confirmed that this is, in fact, a real product coming out later this year, probably this summer some time. For those of you who don’t know what Munchkin is, you can check out my review of Munchkin Zombies here. If that’s too long and you won’t read it, here’s the short version: It’s a cutthroat card game where you kill monsters (or in Zombies, you eat people’s brains) and then take their stuff. It also has a higher pun-per-word rate than any game I’ve ever played.
Zombies is one of the better-selling Munchkin lines, and The Walking Dead is a perfect fit. As a fan of both, I think I can officially declare myself “psyched.” Now this is an expansion pack, so you will need a copy of the Munchkin Zombies base game to play it. There are several other expansions as well, but they are optional.
- Card of the Dead: Game Review - August 3, 2015
- Board Game Review: Student Bodies - July 13, 2015
- Bringing the Dead to Life: 6/30/15 - June 30, 2015
- Michonne Mini-Series announced by TellTale Games! - June 21, 2015
- Garden Warfare 2 Announced - June 20, 2015
- First teaser trailer for Ash vs Evil Dead - June 6, 2015
- Zombicide Black Plague and expansion announced - June 3, 2015
- The Walking Dead: The Prison - June 2, 2015
- Telltale bringing more The Walking Dead goodness - May 25, 2015
- Bringing the Dead to Life: 05/18/15 - May 18, 2015