So, a few years ago I reviewed The Walking Dead: The Board Game. Quick recap: I loved it, it’s quick and it walks a fine line between cooperation and vicious competition. I felt that at the time it was easily the best translation of the comics to board game format there was and it probably still is. It’s also near the top of my list of great zombie apocalypse board games out there. Well, it looks like it might now have some real competition, since the same people have finally released the next installment in the form of The Walking Dead: The Prison. It looks to be using the same basic ruleset, though I imagine that there are changes, otherwise it wouldn’t be a standalone game.
While I haven’t had the pleasure of playing The Prison yet and can’t really comment on it, I will say that if it’s like it’s predecessor it’ll definitely be worth getting. Right now you can find it at Amazon.com and game/hobby stores that carry such games.
- Card of the Dead: Game Review - August 3, 2015
- Board Game Review: Student Bodies - July 13, 2015
- Bringing the Dead to Life: 6/30/15 - June 30, 2015
- Michonne Mini-Series announced by TellTale Games! - June 21, 2015
- Garden Warfare 2 Announced - June 20, 2015
- First teaser trailer for Ash vs Evil Dead - June 6, 2015
- Zombicide Black Plague and expansion announced - June 3, 2015
- The Walking Dead: The Prison - June 2, 2015
- Telltale bringing more The Walking Dead goodness - May 25, 2015
- Bringing the Dead to Life: 05/18/15 - May 18, 2015