Jurassic World meets The Walking Dead in The Rezort, releasing on all major digital platforms in North America on January 17th 2017, courtesy of Content Media.
Starring Dougray Scott (Enigma, Hit Man), Jessica De Gouw (These Final Hours, Cut Snake), Martin McCann (Killing Bono, Clash of the Titans), Elen Rhys (Season of the Witch, World War Z) Claire Goose (Waking the Dead, Casualty) and Jassa Ahluwalia (Some Girls, The Bible), The Rezort is a horror film offering a fresh twist on the zombie genre. The film is the third feature from director Steve Barker (Outpost, Outpost: Black Sun).
The Rezort sets its story in a world after an almost-apocalyptic zombie outbreak. Humans have won the war and are exploring how humanity can recover after such a huge percentage of the population has been wiped out.
Humankind finally has the upper hand, but Melanie, who lost her entire family, is still deeply traumatized. In a bid to overcome the demons of her past, she goes on a zombie safari retreat. It is the ultimate in therapeutic revenge.
The ReZort is actually a highly controlled and monitored environment, with a maze of concealed security cameras, restraints, and barriers. The eyes and ears of trained security personnel are on the guests 24/7, ensuring a safe shooting distance between the living and the undead. That is until the resort’s security system is hacked and a computer virus crashes it, potentially unleashing thousands of bloodthirsty zombies back into the wild.
Steve Barker says: “When I first read the script I was immediately struck by the unique proposition presented by the concept itself. Zombie movies are always now set in an apocalyptic world – this was something that I had not seen before.”
The Rezort was written by Paul Gerstenberger who says: “I was a huge fan of Michael Crichton and his tech thrillers, like Jurassic Park and Westworld, so those were some of the influences. The parallels to both films are clear, in that The Rezort is set in a Safari Park on an island, where an environment is created for entertainment for visitors to interact with unnatural entities, but eventually become overrun by the inhabitants under containment.”
The Rezort will release on major digital platforms in North America on January 17th 2017, courtesy of Content Media.
- ‘Last Rites of the Dead’ is Coming! - February 19, 2018
- “The Cure is Only the Beginning” in ‘The Cured’ - February 12, 2018
- ‘House of Waxwork’ Issue #2 is Treating Us to the Zombie Apocalypse and More! - February 9, 2018
- ‘Last Rites of the Dead’ is Coming to Blu-ray, DVD, and VOD via SGL Entertainment - February 8, 2018
- Zombie MMO ‘Dead Maze’ Launches February 13th on Steam - February 7, 2018
- Netflix to Bring Us ‘Les Affamés’ - February 5, 2018
- ‘iZombie’ Season 4 is Coming! - February 2, 2018
- ‘The Last Ones’ is Out on Amazon! - February 1, 2018
- The Trailer is Out for ‘The Cured!’ - January 31, 2018
- ‘Tanks Meet Zombies’ New Episode is Out - January 30, 2018