Season 7 of The Walking Dead started with the loss of two main survivors, leaving the rest of the tightly knit group completely broken.
If you haven’t read the comics, you may have missed the graphic origins of some of Season 7’s most iconic moments as the survivors try to cope. Take a look below to see how some of them tried to regain their footing in the new world order of Season 7…
1. Negan’s Parting Words to Rick
This scene, taken straight from the comics, proves that Negan doesn’t just know how to make an entrance but he’s a big fan of a dramatic exit too. Negan’s vulgar goodbye leaves Rick helpless, perfectly illustrating how far the group’s leader has really fallen.
2. Carl Attempts an Assassination
Carl’s surprise attack on Negan at the Sanctuary comes straight from the comics, with the shots and dialogue (“I only want Negan”) mirroring the original artwork. It diverges when it comes to Carl’s kill count. In the show, he takes down two Saviors, but in the comics, he shoots six.
3. Carl Removes His Bandage
From the haunting image of Carl’s missing eye to his tearful rendition of “You Are My Sunshine,” Carl’s one-on-one with Negan is almost identical, and equally tense, on-screen and in the comic. He even gives Carl the same advice: Don’t cover that eye up because no one will mess with you looking like that.
The Walking Dead returns Sunday, February 12 at 9/8c.
- When the Games Are Over, Get Back to The Walking Dead! - February 23, 2018
- Zombies Heading Your Way? This Trio of Vehicles Will Provide Your Escape - January 26, 2018
- Get Ready for “The Last Stand” With the Official Art for the Return of The Walking Dead - January 25, 2018
- The Walking Dead Mid-Season 8 Finale’s Most Talked About Scene - December 15, 2017
- Making of the The Walking Dead’s Mid-Season 8 Finale - December 13, 2017
- The Walking Dead Q&A — Chandler Riggs (Carl) - December 12, 2017
- Inside The Walking Dead’s Mid-Season 8 Finale With the Cast and Creators - December 11, 2017
- Sneak Peek of The Walking Dead’s Mid-Season Finale - December 8, 2017
- The Walking Dead Episode 7’s Most Talked About Scene - December 7, 2017
- The Walking Dead Q&A — Josh McDermitt (Eugene) - December 4, 2017