Daybreak Games has released its largest update to date for the open world zombie survival game Just Survive™ . Alongside new content, which includes a brand-new map and new Stronghold system, a new narrative has been established, separating Just Survive from the H1Z1® universe. Just Survive’s rebranding and content update represents the development team’s evolved vision for the game and lays the foundation for future updates in the months to come.
“Our new logo and key art highlight all the aspects of the game that players know and love—from base building and defending, to looting and exploring, and also reflects how Just Survive is developing into a more mature and polished game,” said Ben Jones, Just Survive Creative Director.” Just Survive is about more than just killing zombies, it’s about the player’s survival journey. Re-establishing society isn’t an easy task, and this update introduces a variety of features, like Strongholds, that encourage players to band together through the dangers and tension of post-apocalyptic life while striving to reclaim their world from the zombie hordes.”
As the most comprehensive update in the game’s history, the development team has made changes to many aspects of the game, introducing a new map, adding the Stronghold base-building system, weapon revamp, and in-game curency system:
- Badwater Canyon: A completely new world map designed with multiple styles of gameplay in mind and featuring targeted loot distribution, strategic verticality, exploration opportunities, and hundreds of easily identifiable base pads for Stronghold construction. Badwater Canyon will be rolled out steadily over time, region by region, as it is created in order to give appropriate focus to each aspect of its overall design. It has replaced the game’s original map.
- Stronghold: A new system where players can build robust structures and fortify them with an array of defenses and traps to fend off coordinated attacks. Challenging players with opportunities to attack and defend, Strongholds encourage creative problem solving. In addition, these bases can be customized by players to make their in-game homes unique.
- Weapon Revamp: All weapons have been rebuilt from scratch, introducing tiers to each weapon type while fine-tuning them to look and feel unique. In addition, we’ve improved melee combat with a new hit registration system and attack animation overhaul.
- Golden Eagle Coins: Items found in the world can be exchanged for a new in-game currency tied to individual characters. These aim to create true value for each item in the world, tackling the problem of item hoarding. Golden Eagle Coins are required to purchase new Stronghold locations, and this currency’s usage will continue to be expanded in the future.
Other changes in this update include refined harvesting mechanics, a rebalancing of systems, itemization overhaul, and modification to spawning and death. A complete list of changes and fixes in today’s update is available at: http://www.justsurvive.com/news/game-update-patch-notes-8-15
- ‘Last Rites of the Dead’ is Coming! - February 19, 2018
- “The Cure is Only the Beginning” in ‘The Cured’ - February 12, 2018
- ‘House of Waxwork’ Issue #2 is Treating Us to the Zombie Apocalypse and More! - February 9, 2018
- ‘Last Rites of the Dead’ is Coming to Blu-ray, DVD, and VOD via SGL Entertainment - February 8, 2018
- Zombie MMO ‘Dead Maze’ Launches February 13th on Steam - February 7, 2018
- Netflix to Bring Us ‘Les Affamés’ - February 5, 2018
- ‘iZombie’ Season 4 is Coming! - February 2, 2018
- ‘The Last Ones’ is Out on Amazon! - February 1, 2018
- The Trailer is Out for ‘The Cured!’ - January 31, 2018
- ‘Tanks Meet Zombies’ New Episode is Out - January 30, 2018