Director Mark Newton’s Attack of the Southern Fried Zombies, winner of “Goriest Film” at last week’s FANtastic Horror Film Festival in San Diego, has been acquired by Gravitas Ventures for domestic distribution, announced Daniel Wood, Executive Producer.
“Attack of the Southern Fried Zombies has a great Southern vibe and gives a unique twist to the zombie film genre, with a little Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead in the mix. Plus, there’s a zombie horde, carnival mayhem, Southern rock, and mad scientists. It’s a fun ride!” said Joshua Spector, Director of Acquisitions for Gravitas Ventures.
The deal was brokered by Wood on behalf of the film, and by Spector for Gravitas Ventures. Gravitas Ventures will release the film in North America in March of 2018. Cardinal XD represents the film for international sales and is currently fielding offers from foreign buyers for several territories at AFM in Loews 541.
In Attack of the Southern Fried Zombies, the kudzu-covered hills of Charleston, Mississippi, notable as Morgan Freeman’s hometown, are ground zero for GloboBioTech testing of their experimental herbicide Quadoxin, which goes horribly wrong. Lonnie, a crop duster pilot, must lead a mismatched group of survivors to escape the deadly zombie horde after the Quadoxin transforms the citizens of the small town into zombies.
The film stars Timothy Haug, Moses J. Moseley (The Walking Dead), Wyntergrace Williams (This Just In), Megan Few (Demons), Escalante Lundy (Django Unchained), Kaitlin Mesh, Clay Acker, Bruce Penton, Susan McPhail, Johnny McPhail, Michael Joiner, Kiyomi Fukazawa, and Miles Doleac.
Zombie Makeup & SFX by Jonathan Thornton.
“This is now my fourth feature released through Gravitas Ventures (American Cowslip, Jonny’s Sweet Revenge, and The Atoning), and I’m thrilled to call them a partner. Gravitas continually impresses in servicing our titles, and Attack of the Southern Fried Zombies will be our biggest yet. We are beyond excited,” said Wood.
From a screenplay by Christian Hokenson, and produced by executive producer Daniel Wood, p.g.a., Mark Newton, Juri Koll, Per Ericson, executive producer Jason Rochelle, and Laura Warner, with executive producer Miller Greenlee, co-producers Justin Stafford and Stephan Stromer, Assistant Producer Ronnie Lee Michael, and Consulting Producer Tony Hewett.
- ‘Last Rites of the Dead’ is Coming! - February 19, 2018
- “The Cure is Only the Beginning” in ‘The Cured’ - February 12, 2018
- ‘House of Waxwork’ Issue #2 is Treating Us to the Zombie Apocalypse and More! - February 9, 2018
- ‘Last Rites of the Dead’ is Coming to Blu-ray, DVD, and VOD via SGL Entertainment - February 8, 2018
- Zombie MMO ‘Dead Maze’ Launches February 13th on Steam - February 7, 2018
- Netflix to Bring Us ‘Les Affamés’ - February 5, 2018
- ‘iZombie’ Season 4 is Coming! - February 2, 2018
- ‘The Last Ones’ is Out on Amazon! - February 1, 2018
- The Trailer is Out for ‘The Cured!’ - January 31, 2018
- ‘Tanks Meet Zombies’ New Episode is Out - January 30, 2018