The zombie apocalypse has reached a major milestone in the upcoming isometric MMO Dead Maze, which today enters into closed beta on PC (Steam). The first batch of do-or-die survivors have been invited in by French developer Atelier 801 (Transformice), who are planning to unleash their free-to-play zombie game on the world in early 2018.
Players interested in surviving the apocalypse can sign-up for the closed beta of Dead Maze here.
Set in the Western United States, where humanity has been devastated by a plague of the undead, player cooperation takes center stage in Dead Maze, with thousands of players having to explore, scavenge, and work together to survive and rebuild society. With the start of the closed beta, players can discover the destroyed world of Dead Maze, build their new home and craft their own supplies, team up with their friends and battle the dozens of different types of zombies, using over 200 different items and weapons. More content will be added to the closed beta and all progress made will be carried over into the full game, when it is released in 2018.
Players in Dead Maze take on the role as one of the few remaining survivors, who have to cooperate to stay alive in a ravaged contemporary world where death lurks around every corner. Player versus player combat is not featured – instead, the danger comes from the wide array of aggressive zombies that roam the world. Resources can be scavenged and turned into life-saving supplies, while ordinary objects can be turned into deadly weapons. Dead Maze features a unique visual style, with a colourful 2D isometric perspective and hand-crafted maps, showing destruction in all its glorious detail.
Dead Maze is set for a full free-to-play release in early 2018.
About Dead Maze:
Dead Maze is a free-to-play 2D isometric MMO game emphasizing player cooperation during the aftermath of the zombie apocalypse in the Western United States. In order to survive, players need to work together to explore what is left of the world after the cataclysmic events of the zombie outbreak, monitor their health and food, scavenge for resources, and craft as many life-saving supplies as possible. Guided by a strong narrative and a distinctive visual style, players can use everyday items to battle danger that comes in many forms, from a range of unique, powerful enemy types to massive hordes working together to attack at will. Dead Maze is being developed by Atelier 801 and is set to release on Steam (PC) in early 2018.
- ‘Last Rites of the Dead’ is Coming! - February 19, 2018
- “The Cure is Only the Beginning” in ‘The Cured’ - February 12, 2018
- ‘House of Waxwork’ Issue #2 is Treating Us to the Zombie Apocalypse and More! - February 9, 2018
- ‘Last Rites of the Dead’ is Coming to Blu-ray, DVD, and VOD via SGL Entertainment - February 8, 2018
- Zombie MMO ‘Dead Maze’ Launches February 13th on Steam - February 7, 2018
- Netflix to Bring Us ‘Les Affamés’ - February 5, 2018
- ‘iZombie’ Season 4 is Coming! - February 2, 2018
- ‘The Last Ones’ is Out on Amazon! - February 1, 2018
- The Trailer is Out for ‘The Cured!’ - January 31, 2018
- ‘Tanks Meet Zombies’ New Episode is Out - January 30, 2018