Numantian Games has set the Steam Early Access release date to the highly anticipated RTS title, They Are Billions to December 12th.
This release will include the Survival Mode which offers a range of difficulty settings, four unique maps, and hours of hardcore, unforgiving entertainment.
In Survival Mode, a random world is generated with its own population of infected, geography, weather, and events. To win, the colony must survive a set amount of days (80, 100, 120, or 150).
They Are Billions is all about strategy and not quick key commands. With the game’s pause feature, gamers are able to plan out their strategy, build, and give orders to their army with no progression of in-game time. As it only takes one zombie breaking through to end a colony, meticulous strategy is crucial.
But Survival Mode is only the beginning…
When They Are Billions has its official launch in 2018, a full Campaign Mode will be included, which is currently in development.
The object of the Campaign Mode is to build successful colonies that are connected to each other by a railway network. Little by little, as you reconquest the map from the Infected, the origin story of where the infection came from is revealed.
Between the two modes, gamers can expect limitless hours of challenging and rewarding gameplay.
Will humanity survive?
The initial price at Steam Early Access launch will be $24.99 with a 10% release discount.
The developers are reviewing all player feedback. Join Early Access and be part of the development process with Numantian Games!!
They Are Billions Game Features:
- Real-time Strategy with Pause Mode: In Pause Mode you can build your structures and setup commands for your army. This game is about strategy, not quick key commands.
- Oversee a Colony: Build, Fight, Defend, and Gather Resources for your colony. Don’t let the infected take over!
- Build an Army: Train and contract mercenaries to protect your colony and destroy the infected – unique mercenaries with their own set of skills and personalities!
- Thousands of Units on the Screen: Defeat billions of zombies. The custom engine can handle up to 20,000 of the infected in real time.
- 4K Graphics: Steampunk and Victorian Style Graphics. Dozens of units with more than 1,500 frames of animation.
About They Are Billions:
They Are Billions is a strategy game in a distant future about building and managing human colonies after a zombie apocalypse destroyed almost all of humankind. Now there are only a few thousand humans left alive who must struggle to survive under the threat of the infection. Billions of infected roam around the world in massive swarms seeking the last living human colonies.