Today, AMC released the official poster for the highly-anticipated final eight episodes of The Walking Dead Season 8.
All out war has had a devastating impact on every person involved. The communities themselves are fractured. Alexandria has been destroyed, the Hilltop finds themselves pinned and the Kingdom is shattered — half of them dead, the other half controlled by the Saviors.
Rick, having been distracted by the conflict, has just returned home to learn that Carl, who heroically shepherded the Alexandrians to safety during Negan’s attack, has been bitten by a walker.
Once his sole motivation in this otherwise stark existence, Rick is forced to deal with this reality. Carl has always been a beacon of hope, a symbol for the remaining thread of humanity — lessons that the survivors around him would be wise to take with them as this war surges onward.
But Rick isn’t the only person who’s living in peril: Aaron and Enid are in a dire situation at Oceanside, unclear if they’re in friendly territory or if they’ve just made new enemies; Father Gabriel will do his part in attempting to smuggle Dr. Carson safely back to the Hilltop; and a pregnant Maggie is wrestling with the many moral gray areas that come with leadership during war.
In a standoff with the Saviors, she must decide how to proceed with the dozens of POW lives she’s currently in control of, as well as new complications that come with being a leader.
In addition to the war, Negan continues to deal with struggles among his ranks as workers, traitors and others’ thirst for power cause conflict at the Sanctuary. Having gifted the Saviors a major victory, Eugene’s loyalty is repeatedly tested as new obstacles present themselves.
As all-out-war consumes us, the line between good and evil continues to blur. People fighting for what they believe in. Everybody working together for something bigger — to feel safe and have a world worth living in.
The Walking Dead returns Sunday, February 25 at 9/8c.
- When the Games Are Over, Get Back to The Walking Dead! - February 23, 2018
- Zombies Heading Your Way? This Trio of Vehicles Will Provide Your Escape - January 26, 2018
- Get Ready for “The Last Stand” With the Official Art for the Return of The Walking Dead - January 25, 2018
- The Walking Dead Mid-Season 8 Finale’s Most Talked About Scene - December 15, 2017
- Making of the The Walking Dead’s Mid-Season 8 Finale - December 13, 2017
- The Walking Dead Q&A — Chandler Riggs (Carl) - December 12, 2017
- Inside The Walking Dead’s Mid-Season 8 Finale With the Cast and Creators - December 11, 2017
- Sneak Peek of The Walking Dead’s Mid-Season Finale - December 8, 2017
- The Walking Dead Episode 7’s Most Talked About Scene - December 7, 2017
- The Walking Dead Q&A — Josh McDermitt (Eugene) - December 4, 2017