Leading publisher and developer Telltale Games and Robert Kirkman’s Skybound Entertainment today launched the official trailer for The Walking Dead: The Final Season, providing the deepest dive yet into the upcoming season premiere. Episode One, ‘Done Running,’ will introduce new visuals, mechanics, and characters to the series, and commence the final chapter in Clementine’s journey.
Episode One of The Final Season will be available for download starting August 14, 2018 on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One across all regions. The Final Season will also launch digitally on Nintendo Switch on August 14 in North America and later this month in Europe and other regions. More information regarding The Final Season on Switch will be available soon. The game is currently still available for pre-order on PC, PS4, and Xbox One for $19.99, and a free playable demo is now available across all three platforms.
All players who pre-order The Final Season will receive download access to each of the season’s four episodes as they become available. Players who pre-order on PS4 and Xbox One will also immediately receive The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series Collection — which gathers all 19 existing episodes of the award-winning series into a single package — as a free pre-order bonus. PC players who pre-order on Steam, GOG, GamersGate, or the Humble Store will receive 10% off the full retail price. All pre-order offers expire August 14.
Season Description: Clementine, now a fierce and capable survivor, has reached the final chapter in her journey. After years on the road facing threats both living and dead, a secluded school might finally be her chance for a home. But protecting it will mean sacrifice. Clem must build a life and become a leader while still watching over AJ, an orphaned boy and the closest thing to family she has left. In this gripping, emotional final season, you will define your relationships, fight the undead, and determine how Clementine’s story ends.
- Emotional, Gut-Wrenching Story – See Clementine’s journey through to the end. As she builds a new life, you will have to grapple with new types of choices and live with the consequences as AJ looks on, learning from your every move.
- More Control, More Tension – A new over-the-shoulder camera system, greater freedom to explore detailed environments, and scenes with unscripted combat capture the fear of living in a world overrun by the undead and create the most engaging The Walking Dead game yet.
- Striking New Visual Style – The all-new Graphic Black art style rips the ink from the pages of the Eisner Award-winning comic book series and brings the world of The Walking Dead to life like never before. Supports 4K resolution and high dynamic range on compatible devices.
In addition, The Walking Dead: The Final Season will be fully dubbed in French, German, Latin-American Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese. It will also be subtitled in French, German, Latin-American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, Russian, and both traditional and simplified Chinese. Episode One voice packs and translations will be available for download on launch day.
To date, The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series has sold more than 50 million episodes worldwide, earning more than 100 Game of the Year awards from outlets including Metacritic, USA Today, Wired, The VGAs, Yahoo!, The Telegraph, Mashable, Polygon, Destructoid, and GamesRadar. It has also received two BAFTA Video Games Awards for Best Story.
The Walking Dead is set in the world of Robert Kirkman’s award-winning comic book series and offers an emotionally charged experience in which players’ actions and choices determine the course of the story across the entire series. In order to see their choices reflected in the upcoming season, players will be able to import their existing series save files into The Final Season. For more information, please refer to this blog. Players can also complete the interactive Story Builder either online or in-game to create a new custom save file.
For more information on the game, visit the official website and Facebook page, and follow Telltale Games on Twitter. For more information on The Walking Dead, Robert Kirkman, and all of his titles, visit Skybound.com.
- Photos & Preview Videos from ‘Fear the Walking Dead’ Episode 4.10 - August 14, 2018
- Clementine Enters the Last Chapter of Her Journey in the Official Trailer for Telltale Games’ ‘The Walking Dead: The Final Season’ - August 10, 2018
- Puckin’ A! The Zombie/Hockey Comedy ‘Ahockalypse’ Hits VOD/DVD Nationwide on August 17th! - August 7, 2018
- ‘The Walking Dead: The Final Season’ Demo Released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One - August 1, 2018
- ‘Fear the Walking Dead’ Renewed for a Fifth Season by AMC - July 31, 2018
- ‘Boy Eats Girl’ Coming to Shudder August 1st - July 27, 2018
- Comic-Con 2018: Watch ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 9 Panel - July 25, 2018
- Comic-Con 2018: Watch the Trailer for ‘Fear the Walking Dead’ Season 4’s Second Half - July 24, 2018
- “Chaos” Story Trailer for ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Zombies’ - July 20, 2018
- Comic-Con 2018: New Trailer for Telltale Games’ ‘The Walking Dead: The Final Season’ - July 19, 2018